Report by Syed Raheel Zakaria – President Burton on Trent Jamaat
Burton on Trent Tarbiyyat Day Report – Date 25th April, 2015
Burton Upon Trent Jamaat celebrated their first tarbiyyat day in conjunction with national tarbiyyat department. This was held on Saturday 25th April 2015. Nisar Orchard Sahib (National Secretary Tarbiyyat) attended and held an excellent programme, as many members recalled … a ‘memorable day’.
By the Grace of Allah the function was hailed a great success, listed below are some of the key highlights;
- The total recorded attendance was 77 members out of an official tajneed of 103 members; this equated to an attendance of 75% of the Jamaat.
- 42 male members including Ansar, Khuddam and Atfal attended and 35 Lajna and nasirat members attended.
- The programme was held at the Priory Centre in Burton, starting at 11:00am and concluding at 3:30pm.
- A two hour interactive tarbiyyat session/presentation was held, followed by a lively question/answer session.
- A lovely meal of chana pilau and chicken curry was served, followed by a sweet rice/kheer.
- Congregational Zohr Salat was offered led by Nisar Orchard Sahib.
The tarbiyyat day commenced with the recitation of the Holy Quran by Mohammed Zahoor sahib, the English translation of which was rendered by Syed Usama Aqeel. After this a brief introduction was given by the local Sadr, Syed Raheel Zakria sahib, he welcomed the National Secretary, Mr. Nisar Orchard Sahib.
Nisar sahib gave a prepared presentation on tarbiyyat. He explained the different aspects of tarbiyyat and how we can persevere in our own personal tarbiyyat journey. Aspects of Salat were covered and the importance of listening to Huzoor’s khutba every Friday.
Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day and Nisar sahib encouraged Burton Jamaat to hold regular such functions, to which he would be happy to attend. The day ended with silent prayers.